Port of Praia da Vitória (Terceira Island)
The Oceanic Port of Praia da Vitória is situated on the East coast of Terceira Island on the wide bay with the same name, at about 4 Kms from the International Airport of Lajes and at about 20 kms from the city of Angra do Heroísmo which is classified as "World heritage site" by the International Comission of “UNESCO”.
The general characteristics of this port are:
- The port is a supply line for the US Air Base of Lajes (At about 2nm NW), comprises commercial quays, marina and is also a small fishing port.
- The port has a berth-bridge, specially built for discharges of refined oil products.
- Very good sheltering is provided to the incoming vessels by the artificial breakwaters strategically built on the extremes North & South of the port, granting protection to winds coming from S, SE, and E.
- Fuel, gasoil, gasoline, butane, maize, wheat, cereals, animal feed stuff, fertilizers, clinker and manufactured goods.
- Fish, dairy products and some manufactured goods.
Click below for more details:
If further information required, do not hesitate to contact us!
Copyright © 2014. MediaMaster Group. All rights reserved.